Vintage Decoy Contest
John Purvis Memorial Vintage Decoy Contest
2022 Contest Categories
(Smaller than Actual Size)
Vintage Decoy Contest Rules
- Only GLDA or ODCCA members may submit entries. Note: Two entries per category per member. A member’s spouse (also a member) can enter two per category as well.
- No previous first place winner in any category may be entered in another contest for the following two years.
- Decoy must be pre-1960 and carved as a working decoy unless otherwise noted (any contemporary category is 1961 to present).
- Pairs constitute a single entry.
- Judging based solely on the decision of the judges.
- First place (Blue Ribbon Winners) from each category will be displayed while the membership votes on “The People’s Choice Award.”
- Entering this contest gives the GLDA the right to photograph and publish your entries.
Vintage Decoy Contest Schedule
8:30am to 9:30am – Registration
10:00am to 11:30am – Judging
11:30am to 1:30pm – Membership viewing
1:30pm to 2:00pm – Membership pick up of
all decoys except blue ribbon winners
4:00pm to 6:00pm – Membership viewing of category winners and voting for “People’s Choice” continues during the “Favorite Flock” display and cocktail party